Atrium® Biodiversity Information System
The Botanical Research Institute of Texas has developed Atrium to manage the large volume of data generated through the research activity of the Andes to Amazon Biodiversity Program with funding primarily from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation.
Atrium is a technology platform for revolutionizing biodiversity information management by enabling researchers and organizations to share, synthesize, manage and publish biodiversity data in a collaborative, online environment. Atrium provides a broad range of tools for research organizations as well as an unparalleled, open-source framework based on industry standards which facilitates the development of powerful applications and tools for the biodiversity community. For further information, please visit the Atrium-Biodiversity.org web site.
AABP Atrium is serving 7127 species represented by 25484 collections and 53954 images.
- Virtual Herbarium - The Virtual Herbarium portion of Atrium provides many tools for entry, organization and analysis of collection data. Collaborators can view complete collection data and high resolution images, print labels, and annotate collections remotely.
- Vegetation Surveys - Researchers can manage and analyze plot and transect data including voucher specimens, individual measurements, multiple surveys, checklists and statistic
- Geospatial Data Repository - Atrium allows researchers to store, search, and download GIS data in both raster and vector formats. BRIT's GIS program is supported in part by funding from the ESRI Conservation Program.
- Bibliographic References - Atrium provides a searchable repository for bibliographic references and documents.
- Weather Data - Atrium hosts weather station data from multiple sites and allows multiple sensor datasets to be graphed and downloaded.
- Global Sharing - Data in Atrium can be accessed through GBIF, a multi-national organization that aggregrates biodiversity data from over 200 worldwide data providers.
The AABP Atrium has upgraded to Atrium 1.7.1 which introduces the following new features:
- New data management and administrative tools
- New data import functions for collections and images
- Support for IPTC image metadata
- Bug fixes and usability enhancements